India Spell Bee Competition 2012- 13
Category 1 – 1st to 3rd standard
Category 2 – 4th to 7th standard
Category 3 – 8th to 10th standard
British English is used for standard reference. For each word pronounced, meaning and a sentence will be formed and no other information will be provided.
India Spell Bee official website: http://www.indiaspellbee.com
Download India Spell Bee Registration form@ http://www.indiaspellbee.com/Sakshi-ISB-Registration-Form.pdf
Registration Fees: Rs. 250.00 to be paid in form of Cash, Cheque, Demand Draft or by the way of NEFT Transfer to the mentioned Indian Bank account
Prizes: Cash Prizes, Trophies, Merit Certificates and Gift hampers of over 10 lakhs to be won.
1st Prize: 1,00,000
2nd Prize: 50,000
3rd Prize: 25,000
India Spell Bee 2012- 13 Schedule:
Preliminary written round at schools will be held on 22/1/2013
Second round at Vishakhapatnam, Vijayawada and Hyderabad will be held on 27/1/2013
Pre-finals will be held on 2/2/2013 at Hyderabad
Grand Finals will be held on 3/2/2013 at Hyderabad
India Spell Bee Test format
Preliminary (to be held at Respective Schools¬): Written round of 40 words will be held in respective schools, supervised by school authorities. Three students from each category will qualify to the second round. Words will be provided by Indiaspellbee on the eve of the test.
Second round: Will held at Vishakhapatnam, Vijayawada and Hyderabad cities. This will also be written round of 40 words. Depending on the number of participants, a few more cities can be added. The venues at respective cities will be intimated in due course.
Pre-final and Final: The Pre-finals will be held on 2/2/2012 at Hyderabad and the outstation students need to make their own travel and boarding arrangements. This will be a written round consisting of 25 words and the top 20 students in each category will qualify for the final oral round.
Finals: Finals will be held on stage and will be oral round.
Contact Numbers: 9505555020, 040-23256134
Bank: Indian Bank
Branch: New Timber Yard Layout
Current Account No.: 6003274487
IFSC code: IDIB000N23
Account Name: India Spell Bee
Procedure for Qualifying Round
1. This round is conducted at the district level.
2. 50 words are called out by the caller. Participants must write down the words correctly as they are called out.
1. The caller calls out the first word. He/she repeats it slowly twice more. Then proceeds to the next word.
2. If a participant has a doubt he/she raises his/her hand before the next word is called out. Any one of the following two questions can be asked:-
O Pronounce the word again
O Ask the caller to use the word in a sentence
3. After all 50 words have been called out the caller reads out all the words once more. No question are allowed this time.
4. The contest will be held separately for each of the three groups.
5. Twenty five participants from each group, scoring the highest marks are eligible for the final round.
6. If there is a tie between 2 participants of each group both of them are eligible to appear for the final round.
The Final Round
1. The final round is conducted before an audience. This round is conducted orally.
2. The finalist from each group stand before the audience, one group at a time, starting with the youngest group.
3. They are requested to spell out orally the words given to them.
4. The 3 highest scores are awarded prizes.
5. When a participant is requested to spell a word, it is recommended that he/she pronounces the word before and after it is spelled.
6. If the participant has a doubt he/she may ask the caller to
O Pronounce the word again
O Define the word
O Use it in a sentence
O This is done to make the word clear to the participant.
7. Judges may disqualify a participant who does not make an attempt to spell a word.
8. When a participant spells a word incorrectly he/she cannot proceed further in the competition. The remaining participants continue till only 2 participants remain. They continue spelling the words given till one participant gives a wrong answer. The second participant is give a chance to spell the same word. If he/she spells it right he/she is given
9. Any doubts relating to spelling of a word must be referred to the judge and clarified before the contestants are called on the stage.
Message to school:
All Schools to provide the following details:
1. Name of the School
2. Complete postal address with phone number, e-mail id
3. Name of the Principal
4. Name of one person who will co-ordinate with ISB for the Spell Bee event along with their phone number
Responsibilities of School:
Providing registration form filled up from the students and collecting Rs.250.00 from each student
To arrange for one teacher to do the pronunciation for the preliminary rounds
Ensure correction of all the answer sheets and selecting the top 3 students in each category in a fair manner
To forward answer sheets of the top three winners in each category to Indiaspellbee.
To remit the monies collected to ISB account and only after that the books will be dispatched.
provide complete details of the students who participated as per format provided – Name of the student, class, name of school, Principal name, English teacher name, Fathers/Mothers/Guardian name, mobile number, e-mail id, postal address.
Mobile numbers will not be shared with anyone and will be used only to communicate the details of the ISB event to the students
Qualifiers to the second round to provide passport size photograph along with a participation letter issued by the school in their letter head and signed by the principal.
The second round will be held at Hyderabad, Vishakapatnam and Vijayawada and the students have to travel at their own expense.
Pre-finals and finals will be held at Hyderabad and the children have to travel at their own expense.
Photographs of the school toppers to be provided for the second round
All Photographs of the participants can be used for media promotions.
School uniform is compulsory for all students who have qualified for Pre-finals and Finals.
Note: The decision of the Organisers is final and binding on all participants.
India Spell Bee Contest 2012-13 Registration Form @ www.indiaspellbee.com
4/ 5Oleh Unknown